Thursday, February 11, 2010

You are not nice.

ok so i admit it - i do not go to the gym as often as i should. i think most people can say that, unfortunately. despite that - i do still have a gym membership. that $31 comes out of my bank account each month and i refuse to cancel my membership even if i only go 5 times a month (lately).

I just recently started going to the gym again - mainly because i just signed up for the Warrior Dash (warriordash.com) on 9/18. It's basically a 5K with obstacles dispersed throughout it. I've done 5K's before but I definitely can't run the whole thing at this point. that being said, I've been making a conscious effort to get to the gym more so i don't see my death on 9/18.

Last week, I head to the gym at 6am. The guy who swipes my card at the front desk makes a comment: "it's been a while, huh?" ok no big deal. i honestly can't get mad because you know what - he's right. so i go into the locker room to put my stuff in a locker. come out, walk past desk guy again and he says: "you better get a good workout in today!" um - yea that's the point. still - he annoyed me but oh well. after my workout, i come down and walk past him again. he was smart and kept his mouth shut. but after i showered and got dressed, i walked past him on my way to my car: "Will i see you tomorrow morning?" I respond: "Yep!" his response: "I'll believe it when i see it."

Excuse you?

no big deal. i proceed to go to work. come home. go to bed. wake up and go to the gym the next morning, just like i promised Mr. Gym Swiper guy. I walk in and they happened to be giving away this face moisturizer for men. He sees me, greets me, and hands me my moisturizer and says: "You can give this to your boyfriend...or i mean, probably your dad?"

Hi, my name's shana and i do not like you.

the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment